Another great vegetable recipe.. Apple and Cabbage ..... a classic one !
- 3 sl Bacon; diced
- 1 lg Yellow onion; sliced
- 2 Heads cabbage; cored & sliced as for sauerkraut
- 3 Granny Smith or other cooking apples; cored & sliced
- 1/2 ts Whole caraway seeds
- 1/2 c Dry white wine
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat a large Dutch oven and saut‚ the bacon until clear. Add the onions and saut‚ until they barely begin to brown. Add the remaining ingredients and cook, covered, stirring often, until all is tender. The vegetable recipe is ready...good taste !