- 1 pound beets
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
scrub with a brush. Steam beets and bay leaf, covered, for 30 minutes or until tender. Discard
bay leaf. Drain and rinse beets with cold water. Drain. Trim off beet roots; rub off skins. Cut
beets into 1/4-inch slices. Combine beets and onion; arrange on a platter.
Combine parsley and next 4 ingredients (parsley through salt); stirring with a whisk. Pour dressing over beet mixture. Sprinkle with pepper if desired. The vegetable recipe is ready to serve.....great tasting salad !