- 1 lb frozen Oriental Vegetables
- peanut oil (for sautéing)
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/2 inch section fresh ginger, peeled, minced
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks, drained and reserved
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce (or salt to taste)
- 1/2 cup pineapple syrup or juice (from can)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
Combine ingredients for sauce in a small bowl and set aside.In a wok, heat 2 tablespoons of peanut oil until sizzling hot. Add vegetables; stir fry over high heat until vegetables are slightly browned on edges, but still bright, crisp, and barely tender. Oil in wok must be very hot to
avoid vegetables becoming overcooked - cook rapidly and for a short period of time. Remove vegetables to serving dish.
In the empty, still-hot wok, drain all but 1 teaspoon of oil. Add sauce ingredients in the same order as listed. Cook 5 minutes or until sauce is translucent and cornstarch has cooked. Add garlic during final minute (do not allow it to brown). The vegetable recipe sweet and sour is ready to serve....great for starter meals!